Monday, March 8, 2010

The 82nd Academy Awards : Part 1


This was suppose to be posted yesterday. Just kindly read on :


Okay, this has become a personal tradition of mine, at this to watch the Oscar Awards an I have been doing it for the past, oh I don't know...10 years or so? I'd have to admit though that I started watching the entirety of this much coveted award show when I officially became a huge Tom Hanks fan!


For the past few years The Academy has experienced problems with it's low viewer ratings (people just find it soo long, and it is! ) and they have every trick they can think of to get the viewers at home watching again. From making Chris Rock a host to give the show a fresher face. If you may notice, hosting the show usually falls to the Veteran actors e.g. Bob Hope, Whoopi Goldberg, Billy Crystal, Steve Martin (who is hosting the Academy's the 2ND time this year alongside Alec Baldwin) just to name a few.. But you know Chris Rock's humor ( loud & over the top! ), some find it unsuitable for such a formal event.... not to mention a lot people got offended by his jokes.


So far, as of this writing, the show is still going on and it's only on it's first hour of airing. The show is 3 hours long, mind you!


I would have to watch every second of it and keep my eyes peeled foe Sam Worthington, who uncannily is wearing horn rimmed glasses ( the guy has blurred vision!). Soo cute! I'm really rooting for AVATAR to win the Best Picture Category this year, although it's got stiff competition from director James Cameron's (AVATAR, Titanic) ex-wife Katheryn Bigelow for The Hurt locker. The ballots has already been tallied of course, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!


Gotta go, Sigourney Weaver's presenting now....




No comments:

Post a Comment