Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: What a year that was!



           What a year that was! In the wake of 2012, I never thought that the coming year would be neither eventful nor challenging.  You see, I was hospitalized for a Urinary Tract Infection gone awry. I was asymptomatic so it was not treated early on. I was so afraid that I’d be spending Christmas in the hospital, but thank God we were spared. This year though, no serious illness for any member of my family except for my father whose undergoing radiation therapy. We were told that he’s getting on quite well but is still is giving us a bit of a scare. The real challenges were at work.
  

                For the first half of the year it was unlikely that I could lose my job. But boy was I so wrong! Our only saving grace was this: knowing our rights as an employee. I wouldn’t hurt to know a thing or two about the Labor Laws either. This experience may have made me a bit paranoid (with all those mind games and scheming) but I have also learned to listen well and be able to “read between the lines” as to what other people are saying. You can never fully trust anyone, friend or not. One must be able to keep something for themselves out of self preservation. Most of all is learning to stand your ground when you know that you are on the right. This is coming from someone who’s rarely asserted herself and simply allows other people to lead her wherever they want. I .do not believe in New Year’s Resolution. One must be able to do something whenever and wherever they want, not just at the start of the year.

                But I would like to set some goals for myself. Small ones to start with so I know I’ll be able to achieve them. So good luck to each and every one of us!  Let us welcome the New Year with hopeful hearts and with huge, huge BANG! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment