Monday, July 19, 2010

Cleaning Up


It has been a while since I have watched a real good movie. Yes, I have seen Eclipse: The Twilight Saga, not that I did not swoon over Edward Cullen because I really did! But watching the movie a 3rd time would be just too much and I didn’t want the mystery or the feeling of anticipation to go away. As my sister said it "ayaw kong mag-sawa kay Edward!"

So on an unusually bleak and occasionally rainy Sunday; we deiced to pop-into the DVD player a movie that I have bought a month ago but did not had the time to watch, Julie & Julia. So much has been said about this movie, critics are raving about it specially Meryl Steep's superb portrayal of American icon Julia Child. Sandra Bullock has beaten her at the Oscars for Best Actress early this year, but still, Streep holds the most number of nominations for an Acting Category at the Academy Awards. She's has been nominated for more that 13x already, beat that!

My sister is currently enrolled in a Culinary (Vocational) Course at The Trinity University of Asia, courtesy of my Aunt no less. My sister has a passion for eating and cooking, me I just like to eat! I find it quite odd because I was taught to cook and do all kinds of house chores at an early age, but stopped altogether when I entered into college. College was a stressful time, and taking up a five year degree course could take a huge toll on both your physical endurance not to mention on your sanity as well. To make a long story short, I had a perfect excuse to be lazy and all I did during week days was cook rice, boil water and do the laundry. This come to think of it, wasn’t that all bad. Now, my sister does not let me cook anything, and if I was assigned a task in the kitchen she would reprimand me afterwards ("bakit sunog?; bakit hindi luto yung kanin?; bakit maalat!?). And so I pretty much leave her on her own when she's in the kitchen, I only come in to look, taste or if she needs someone to chop the onions for her ( believe you me, I still get lectured for chopping the onions the wrong way!).

You're probably thinking what I meant about cleaning up. Well, in a couple of weeks guess who's losing her job? You guessed it right, it's me. Not that I got fired or something, but as flexible as the schedule is or as easy the work load may seem to be at the company that I'm working for now, I'd rather look for a job that's a little more complicated but still get better benefits. Since I will be returning this 2nd hand laptop that I'm using, I have to move all of my stored documents (mp3's, pictures, etc.) to a flash drive. I guess I'll be missing this laptop since I have written all my blog entries using it. I feel ashamed for not posing or updating my blog as much as I use to. I'll try to make the most of the two weeks that I have, that means surf as much as I want and download all the mp3's and videos that I have been wanting to. If only I have a faster broadband connection! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment