Monday, April 12, 2010

Heaven knows I'm miserable now....

Any body who has a penchant for New Wave music? Not me. Well, that's what I thought. Recently I have found a new appreciation for this genre. My taste in music was greatly influenced by my cousins. When I was in kindergarten I lived with them for a year and so I was very much exposed to Michael Jackson, Madonna, Cindy Lauper and everything MTV. They would always watch these music videos and they would make an impression on me. I find it amazing that I could still remember scenes from a Corey Hart video and I doubt that anyone of you can still recall who Corey Hart is. Does these lyrics ring a bell: "I wear my sunglasses at night so I can, so I can..." or "... I just died in your arms tonight. It must have been something you said...."? If you do, then that would be him, and your an 80's kid like me!

Popular bands in the 80's like The Smiths, Morrissey (these two bands may sound similar, that is because they had the same vocalist until 1987 when Steve Patrick Morrissey left the band to pursue a solo career), and a favorite of my cousins, Tears for Fears who are coming to to Manila for a one night concert on May 2, 2010. How I wish I could go! It's history in the making and is something that's unlikely to happen again.

Here are some of the songs that I'm listening to:

1) Girlfriend in a coma - this song has a dark humor to it, and has a very catchy tune. Very 1980's!
2) How soon is now - this song was once again popularized as the opening theme to the hit TV series "Charmed". Betcha didn't know that what you heard was just a cover of the original song huh? :)
3) The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get - Morrissey Mp3 - Love the stalker-ish feeling of the song. Don't you wish we could all say the same thing to our crushes? "sorry pal, but you just can't brush me off that easily." LOL
4) Heaven Knows I M Miserable Now - The Smiths Mp3 - Listen to the lyrics of this song, and I'm sure that you will agree with me that Morrissey is a brilliant lyricist! I can listen to this song all day!

As to the title of the blog.... all I can say is, yes I am in that state of mind. Don't want to complain so much as to be ungrateful for all the blessing that I have received, and for all the prayers that were answered. It's just that my frustration stems from the fact that I don't want to be doing this for the next 2 or 3 years. There is something else that I want to do, and I don't think that I'm on the right path. Sometimes I feel like I'm loosing precious time, as I am no longer in my twenties and must constantly catch up with things. Well, like they said "there's no such thing as coincidence" God has a purpose why he has put me in a position I am right now. I just have to be patient and keep my eyes (and my heart) peeled for signs that he might be giving me. "The heart wants what the heart wants"! I will see it through,By Jove I do not know how but my heart tells me that I will.... I will.

2 comments:

  1. you know what, bam? Im in LOVE with THE SMITHS too! though i did discover them later in 500 days of summer movie, actually! and i feel for you kapatid! i think we're on the same boat nowadays, i kept on shaking off frustration but it just keeps on coming back. I guess, this is what they call, quarter life crisis?? gaaaahh.. if it is, let us be over and done with it, diba? ang hirap kaya. sometimes, i'd ask myself, like, what am i doing here? nakakatawa, minsan feeling ko nakalutang lang ako and that i don't care bout anything anymore.. pero lilipas din yan! ganyan talaga, at least once a month dumadating tayo sa ganyang moment.. hihi PMS?? amishoo kapatid! check my other blog: sapanulatniLV.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laney, and I miss you too! Pinagdaanan ko na yang quarter life crisis when I was in my last year in College. And napaka-hirap niya! You tend to leave everything for granted at talikuran na lang lahat. That's what I did, so ngayon I don't practice my degree. It's shame, had I done so, baka nakapag-abroad na ko.

    Anyways, I guess I'm just not enjoying my surroundings right now. And I'm longing your company. Let's try to set a date where we could all meet:)

    gurl, nahihirapan akong i-manage yung weebly na account ko... maybe one of these days I'll check it again. Luv yah! :)

    ReplyDelete