Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bambi's Clash of theTitans Movie Review: Don't take it too seriously!


Okay, I was too excited the last time to really tell what I think about the latest movie on Greek Mythology, Clash of the Titans. I may have seen the original movie when I was younger, with it's state of the art stop-motion capture technology! But my memories of it are quite vague, the only clear memory that I have was the scene where Andromeda was tied-up at the edge of the cliff as a sacrifice to appease the Gods. In Hollywood as a rule, if it's an adapted screenplay, expect that that changes would be made in the story to accommodate it into an hour and a half feature film (with the exception of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy which is three hours long and still managed to be both entertaining and loyal to the book).

This year, 2010. We are again presented with another remake (wow, Hollywood productions are really running out of new ideas!). With a star-studded cast, headed by Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes and new comer Sam Worthington. When you watch this film, don't take it too seriously! They have change the plot to a point that you will get confused with the lessons that you've learned in school about Greek Mythology. Hint: Io (the demi god who watches over Perseus) was never really in the story. Sorry for the spoilers.I have only seen this on 2D,even so, It is quite obvious where the 3D effects would come in. It was never really meant for 3D viewing anyway, but with the record-shattering success of Avatar, everyone else wants to exploit this technology, hoping that they would entice more people to watch it.

Critics have accused Worthington of giving the same kind of performance, from Terminator Salvation to Avatar and now Clash... But, can we blame the guy? That's the type of emotion his characters are calling for. And I know that these "movie critics" would agree with me when I say, that there was never a moment that his acting came across as in-sincere! He's not new in the business, but he IS new in Hollywood. Let's give him a chance, after all he still has a few films coming out and one of them is a romantic drama with Keira Knightly and Eva Mendez (ooh, lots of kissing!). I have seen some of his past works when he was still an actor in Australia(through YouTube of course!), that is why I'm adamant in defending him as a very capable and talented actor. Not to mention that Worthington is a very down to earth person.

As I have said, Clash of the Titans is not a history movie (which the director and even the actors themselves made clear before). It is made to entertain and and to haul in a huge amount of money!LOL Wish I could have a share in that.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment