Sunday, March 14, 2010

SURVIVOR : Heroes VS. Villains


After several years of NOT watching this reality show, last Friday, I decided to take a peek. It has caught my interest just by the title alone. I knew that some of my favorite contestants (and most hated ones.... READ: Johnny Fairplay and Boston Rob!) will participate in this seasons Survivor. So, I was able to to catch the match between the opposing teams reward challenge. You expect nothing less of the drama that's going on over there, and surprisingly it's between Colby (Survivor Outback) and the shows host Jeff Probst! Now Jeff is never hot tempered, in fact he is so cool that he can neutralize the tension between contestants. Also he's never bias. When he won Best Reality Show Host at last years Emmy's a lot of the critics agreed that it was long over due. But man, last weeks episode... you could tell that Colby was getting on to Jeff's nerves. He even said, " I will start the game when I want to !".




Going to the other contestants, one of my favorites Rupert Boneham is back. Too bad my all time favorite Andrew Savage (both of them came from Survivor Panama) has not. Savage (as the host fondly calls him) comes across as some one who is bossy, but he makes a very good leader. Unfortunately it has not translated into the way his team played, they just kept loosing! If you were able to watch that season, you will see that his team obviously was the weakest. And they have lost so many challenges and lost many team members as a consequence. However, when they get to camp, he will not put any blame on anyone and would even encourage them to just look ahead for the next challenge. It's a shame though, after his stint with Survivor, he went back to civilian life ( he's a Lawyer BTW) and has not participated in any of the shows events I think.




Everybody has to watch out for Boston Rob (Rob Mariano, Survivor Marquesas). I understand that there are a few of them characters over there now, but these guys learned to play the game by watching him take out one contestant after the other! That son-of-a-bitch is classic, I tell 'ya! He's very good at looking for loop-holes and not to mention he is the master of deception. I don't know how that guy sleeps at night. In Filipino "maitim talaga ang budhi!"




I'm not sure if I will be watching this again. I don't wanna get hooked. I get so affected that sometimes I feel like I'm gonna get a heart attack. If your going to compare Survivor Philippines to it's predecessor...our version is weak, very weak. They don't know how to play the game (just yet that is). Because the truth is, to win the game of Survivor you must betray people trust, back stab and lie to every one's face... and yes, that includes the host.

No comments:

Post a Comment