Sunday, March 14, 2010

ABS-CBN has butchered The Oscars!

I knew it! ABS-CBN has chopped off some parts of the Oscars during it's live airing. I am no fool, I have been watching this show for years and there are certain part of the program that I already knew by heart. Like the first award to be given out is for the Best Supporting Actress and the presenters for the major awards will be the winners from the previous year, with the exception of Best Director and Best Film. So when I noticed that I seemed to missed-out the "In Memoriam" tribute this year, I made sure that I watched the replay on Studio 23.

Luckily I did, because they indeed left out this part. Had I not watched it's replay, I would have missed James Taylor's emotional rendition of "In my life". Not only that, they deliberately removed Zoe Saldana & Kerry Mulligans presentation and the one that I'm really pissed-off about is that they have also removed J. Lo's and Sam Worthington's presentation for Best Musical Score!

When The Oscars was still being shown in RPN 9 before it's privatization, nothing and I mean nothing of this sort has ever happened! ABS-CBN was so worried that The Oscars would take up much of Wowowee's airtime that they've decided to butcher it. I am sorry if there are ABS-CBN fans are getting for my randomness rants but you gotta understand, if you really want to have the rights to air the Academy Awards you must be prepared to sacrifice much of your local programme's airtime! It's approximately 3 hours long, and when I say approximately, it means that it IS more that 3 hours.

Hopefully, this will not happen again next year. Because by next year, I'm definitely getting cable!

No comments:

Post a Comment