Thursday, December 1, 2011

Merry Little Christmas, kinda

Christmas will be a bit sad this year as we have lost two very special creatures in our lives. My cat " Bulelat" and the stray dog that we have rescued three years ago, "Choco".

"Choco" passed away on Thursday so it's been two days to that day and we still can't believe that he's gone. Often I would lie awake at night and ask if he's for real or just a dream, because time flew so fast and three years seemed to pass by as if it were only a matter of minutes. Time proved to be too short.

On the other hand, "Bulelat" first came to us when he just a tiny kitten. Perhaps a few weeks old. He's so tiny that he could easily fit in the palm of my hand, he also likes to stick-out his tongue. Hence the name Bulelat. The name means "Bulilit" and "Belat". Silly huh, but we like giving our pets silly names as it's easier to remember and it gives them some kind of character. "Bulelat" has been with us for 13 years, so that would be 97 cat years! Didn't expect him to live that long but still we dreaded the day that we would have to say our goodbye's. That happened on the 12th of February this year. I cried my heart out for weeks before I finally get to used to not seeing him lying around somewhere taking a long nap (he's a lazy cat!). I would cry uncontrollably whenever I watch "Winnie the Pooh", or "Chronicles of Narnia" as these movies remind me so much of him.

I once told my sister that teaching kindness towards other may be done, specially if taught at a young age. But there is one thing that for me can never be taught... and that is compassion.Not only towards your neighbors, but to smaller beings as well. My parents certainly didn't taught us to be nice to animals as my Grandmother would be the first one to shoo them away. But for some reason (perhaps through the grace of God and experiencing hardships at an early age), we have developed an understanding and great love for them. I may never have children of my own, who knows, but to me and my sister we treated them with love and respect as if they were our own.

I personally have experienced a lot of setbacks not only with my health but with my personal growth as well. Now I will have to start from scratch, yet gain. I would endure this all, as long as I have those who are dear to me. Wealth or success is nothing if there is no one to share it with.

Take care my friends, and I wish you all a bright and blessed holidays ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment